Robert Opie Collectible Tin Metal Fridge Magnet
Robertson's Silver Shred Marmalade "Good for your Complexion"
- The scene: a Golliwog, a little girl and a little boy are sitting on a bench. The little boy is holding up a spoon of marmalade for the little girl. The caption at the top reads "Silver Shred", at the bottom it reads "Good for your complexion"
- condition: new, the magnet has not been removed from its backing card
- a collectable fridge magnet from the Robert Opie Nostalgic Classics Collection
- the image is of a vintage 1920's British advertisement reproduced on genuine tin plate
- made in Britain
- approx. 2 3/8 x 3 1/8 inches
- part of the Robert Opie Collection of British Advertising Images, which offers a range of quality products based on original images in the Collection.
About the Robert Opie Collection:
- The Robert Opie Collection is the world`s largest collection of British advertising images. Started by social historian Robert Opie in 1963, it provides a fascinating insight into the British way of life over the last 130 years.
- Much of The Robert Opie Collection is currently housed at Opie's Museum of Memories at Museum of Brands, Packaging & Advertising in London England. Built up since 1963, The Collection now contains over 500,000 items which together tell the extraordinary story of Britain's consumer society, its lifestyle and culture - dramatic changes that have happened as a result of and since the Industrial Revolution. Featured many times in the media, the Collection now numbers over half a million items, and is continually expanding.